Please find below all job offers currently open for solicitation at the Acoustics & Vibrations Research Group of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. All job offers at Vrije Universiteit Brussel are centralized at the following link.
About the job
The Additive Manufacturing Research Lab (AMRL) is looking for a hybrid manufacturing
machine developer to further extend and develop the unique capabilities of Hybrid additive manufacturing infrastructure for the research objectives of the AMRL.
For almost 50 years, the Vrije Universiteit Brussel has stood for freedom, equality and
connectedness. These values are strongly present on our campuses, in our students as well as our staff. At the VUB, you’ll find a diverse collection of personalities: pure innovators and especially people who are 100% their authentic selves. With about 3.500 employees, we are the largest Flemish-speaking employer in Brussels, an international city with which we are all too happy to be connected, and around which our four campuses are located.
You will have an important impact on the excellence of our research and contribute to the
growth of the AMRL team (https://avrg.vub.be/research/core-themes/additive-manufacturing/) of the Mechanical Engineering department of the VUB. In collaboration with our Post Doc. team and the professors, you will support the PhD students in developing measurement systems for advanced monitoring and control solutions.
Our research environment is situated in the capital of Europe, Brussels Humanities, Sciences & Engineering Campus, Pleinlaan 2, Brussels (http://www.vub.ac.be/english/infoabout/campuses/index.html ).
You will receive also the opportunity to extend the required skills and capabilities to support the different researchers. You will also be involved with further required investements to pursue the ambitions of the additive manufacting research lab and its partners. A selection of your tasks:
- Implementation, maintenance and development of state-of-the-art hybrid manufacturing research infrastructure.
- Implementation and development of new sensor and data acquisition solutions for monitoring and eventually control of hybrid manufacturing process.
- Configuring and programming of PLC and CNC controllers from Bosch and Siemens.
- Propose, design and implement hardware modifications for the hybrid additive subtractive research platform to enhance part quality and consistency.
- Improve safety aspects to further profesionalise our research infrastructure.
- Support researchers to implement new monitoring solutions or practical experiments in an efficient manner.
For this function, our Etterbeek Campus in Brussels will serve as your home base.
You hold a Masters degree in either Mechanical Engineering or Automation (or equivalent by experience). Preferably have 4-5 years of experience in an industrial or research environment and great enthusiasm to contribute to innovations in advanced production. You are a teamplayer and can work in an international environment using English as a communication tool. The succesfull candidate:
- is motivated to become an expert in (hybrid) additive manufacturing machine development.
- Posseses the hands-on mentality and practical skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team and high willingness to support, explain other team members the developed solutions, with a real professional, positive mind set.
- has a strong analytical spirit and attitude to finalize tasks
- has electrical and automation design and development skills
- Sound knowledge of implementation, comissioning and programming of robots or other advanced motion solutions.
- programming and configuring skills of CNC and/or PLC controllers and motion drives and motors.
- has mechanical design and CAD skills or is willing to further develop this.
- has basic scripting skills in Matlab and/or other programming languages as required for data collection, and processing are a plus.
- You speak and write English fluently; a knowledge of Dutch/French are a plus
Past experiences in the following topics are considered a bonus: metal additive manufacturing, machine control, CNC and CAM experience, optics, lasers …
Are you going to be our new colleague? We offer you an interesting fulltime position, allowing to perform developments and implementations on a popular industrial topic (additive manufacturing) in a research environment. You have access to a beyond state-of-the-art hybrid additive-subtractive research platform and equipment. We offer a fixed-term contract (1 year – with the possibility of extension for an indefinite period) with a gross monthly salary grade 7 (min 3617 EUR – max 5578 EUR), grade 8 (min 4102 EUR – max 6228 EUR) or exceptionally grade 9 (min 4456 EUR – max 6582 EUR). The salary will be dependent on the number of years of relevant experience and specific skills and knowledge.
- Cost-free hospitalisation and group insurance with guaranteed income;
- Full reimbursement for your home-work commute with public transport according to VUB policy, or bicycle allowance
- Possibilities to work from home after internal agreement with supervisor, a remote work allowance of 50 €/month and the required tools, potential a smart phone with subscription
- An open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues, an exceptional flexible vacation arrangement with 35 days of holidays per year and closure between Christmas and New Year.
- Exciting and stimulating tasks in an international academic environment with links to the industry
- Furhter training is encouraged and the space to form your job content and continuously learn via VUB LRN platform.
- Daycare at the campus with priority for children from personnel, discounts on holiday camps
- Economical and excellent facilities for sport and exercise, intresting sport subscription via Basic-Fit, severdiscounts in shops via Benefits@work
- Delicious meals at attractive prices in our campus restaurants
- Access to a unique additive manufacturing facillity at MECH, VUB
Apply until 17/03/2024 via the VUB-jobsite jobs.vub.be. Please attach the following
documents to your application:
- Your CV, motivation letter, and a copy of your highest obtained degree.
For more information regarding this job offer you can contact us by phone
(+32)2 629 28 07, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org